Sunghyun Jason Tjen is an Acupuncturist and Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner (R. Ac, R. TCM P.) who provides care to enhance the quality of your day at Holy Family Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine in Central Lonsdale, North Vancouver. Since 2009, many have benefited from our multi-disciplinary holistic TCM care including acupuncture, personalized herbal medicine, cupping therapy, tui-na massage, ear acupuncture, moxibustion and more.
For three years in a row (2016, 2017, 2018), Sunghyun and Holy Family Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine was rewarded by threebestrated.ca as one of the three best acupuncture clinics in North Vancouver for his earnest work serving hundreds of clients in North Shore.
Sunghyun Jason Tjen has experience treating include, but are not limited to:
- Acute/chronic pain, MVA or sports injuries: headache, neck and shoulder pain, frozen shoulder, tennis/golf elbow, wrist pain, backache, lower back pain, hip pain, knee pain
- Sleeping disorders, insomnia, depression, anxiety
- Stress management, chronic fatigue and tiredness
- Digestive problems, chronic gastritis, IBS, constipation
- Respiratory ailments, asthma, allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis
- Women’s wellness issues: PMS, menstruation, pregnancy, fertility labour preparation, breech condition, postpartum depression, menopausal symptoms
- Weight control, Addiction control
- Urinary problems, prostate disorder, UTI
- Degenerative disorders, diabetes, Crohn's disease, fibromyalgia
- Pediatrics - Shonishin: Needle-less manipulation for babies and children
- Anti-aging, facial acupuncture
- Surgery preparations and other chronic discomforts
We do direct billing to the most of major extended health benefits
(Bluecross, Sunlife, Manulife, Great-West Life, Chamber of Commerce, GSC and others).
We offer 10% discounts
- for people with low-income and on MSP assistance
- also, MSP Assistance is available for the low-income patients
($23 assisted / treatment for 10 times a calendar year)
Also, we accept CF, RCMP, VAC claims.
From April 1st 2019, ICBC claims will be accepted.
Please ask us for more details.
- North Vancouver: Main Clinic
#102-120 W. 16th St., North Vancouver
Monday: 12pm to 9 pm
Tuesday: 9 am to 6 pm
Wednesday: 9 am to 5 pm
Thursday: 9am to 9 pm
Friday: 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 9 pm to 4 pm
Please note that the new rate will be applied for herbal medicine products as of September 1st, 2018
Acupuncture is a therapeutic stimulation of the channels and collaterals (Jing Luo) on the surface of the body with extremely fine needles to regulate and balance the energy(qi) and blood circulation. When you are looking for a relief from pain or chronic aliments, acupuncture is a safe and non-aggressive choice.
A traditional Chinese herbal medicine formula is a complex combination of 2000 years of knowledge. To increase the therapeutic effectiveness while minimizing toxicity and side-effects, number of herbs are carefully selected to suit your personal needs. Now, herbal medicine is available in modern concentrated granule form: pollutant-and-heavy-metal-free, highly potent and easy-to-take.
We understand your fear of needles. That is why we provide treatments without the use of needles, too. Shonishin for babies and childrens, and Cupping therapy, Moxibustion, Tui-na massage, Ear acupuncture and Frequency acupressure stimulation for adults will serve as good as acupuncture to help with your daily ailments.