We hope that everyone is doing well during this challenging time.
As of May 19th, we are back to provide in-person care under the provision of BC Public Health Officers and CTCMA for safe environment in the clinic.
- We are asking each client to self-assess before each appointment and we allow flexible cancellations.
- All appointments are spaced with 15-minute interval. Only one client in the clinic at a time. Do not come early for your appointment.
- Neither Walk-ins or waiting is allowed. No personals other than the appointed client will be allowed in the clinc.
- We are keeping good hygiene all the time.
- We are keeping social distancing from the clients unless giving the acupuncture treatments.
- The practitioner is wearing scrubs, a face-shield and a medical-grade mask all the time in the clinic and gloves during acupuncture treatments.
- All the common surfaces, treatment tables, door hands and light switches are cleaned with 4.5% Hydrogen Peroxide after each client.
- We are only accepting "Tap Only" debit/credit cards or e-transfer for payment. NO CASH, please.
- All invoices are paperless - sent to your email.
At this time, the cancellation policy is flexible. So feel free to book your appointment where it is available. If you are sick, or experiencing symptoms such as fever, trouble breathing, or coughing, you must call 604-770-4325 to reschedule your appointment. There will be no late cancellation fee.
Please visit Self-Assessment Website if needed for online self assessment of COVID-19.
Stay positive and stay home! Keep social distancing to protect yourself and others!
Effective April 1, 2019, We provide direct billing to ICBC claims for your MVA injuries. Find out more
Sunghyun Jason Tjen is an Acupuncturist and Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner (R. Ac, R. TCM P.) who provides care to enhance the quality of your day at Holy Family Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine in Central Lonsdale, North Vancouver. Since 2009, many have benefited from our multi-disciplinary holistic TCM care including acupuncture, personalized herbal medicine, cupping therapy, tui-na, ear acupuncture, moxibustion and more.
For four years in a row (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019), Sunghyun and Holy Family Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine was rewarded by threebestrated.ca as one of the three best acupuncture clinics in North Vancouver for his earnest work serving hundreds of clients in North Shore.
Sunghyun Jason Tjen has experience treating include, but are not limited to:
- Acute/chronic pain, MVA or sports injuries: headache, neck and shoulder pain, frozen shoulder, tennis/golf elbow, wrist pain, backache, lower back pain, hip pain, knee pain
- Sleeping disorders, insomnia, depression, anxiety
- Stress management, chronic fatigue and tiredness
- Digestive problems, chronic gastritis, IBS, constipation
- Respiratory ailments, asthma, allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis
- Women’s wellness issues: PMS, menstruation, pregnancy, fertility labour preparation, breech condition, postpartum depression, menopausal symptoms
- Weight control, Addiction control
- Urinary problems, prostate disorder, UTI
- Degenerative disorders, diabetes, Crohn's disease, fibromyalgia
- Pediatrics - Shonishin: Needle-less manipulation for babies and children
- Anti-aging, facial acupuncture
- Surgery preparations and other chronic discomforts
We provide direct billing service to ICBC and the most of major extended health benefits
(Bluecross, Sunlife, Manulife, Great-West Life, Chamber of Commerce, GSC and others).
Also, we accept CF, RCMP, VAC claims.
We offer 10% discounts
- for people with low-income and on MSP assistance
- also, MSP Assistance is available for the low-income patients
($23 assisted / treatment for 10 times a calendar year)
Please ask us for more details.
- North Vancouver: Main Clinic
#102-120 W. 16th St., North Vancouver
Monday: 12pm to 6 pm
Tuesday: 9 am to 6 pm
Wednesday: 9 am to 6 pm
Thursday: 9 am to 6 pm
Friday: 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 9 pm to 1 pm
Please note that the new rate will be applied for herbal medicine products as of September 1st, 2018
Acupuncture is a therapeutic stimulation of the channels and collaterals (Jing Luo) on the surface of the body with extremely fine needles to regulate and balance the energy(qi) and blood circulation. When you are looking for a relief from pain or chronic aliments, acupuncture is a safe and non-aggressive choice.
A traditional Chinese herbal medicine formula is a complex combination of 2000 years of knowledge. To increase the therapeutic effectiveness while minimizing toxicity and side-effects, number of herbs are carefully selected to suit your personal needs. Now, herbal medicine is available in modern concentrated granule form: pollutant-and-heavy-metal-free, highly potent and easy-to-take.
We understand your fear of needles. That is why we provide treatments without the use of needles, too. Shonishin for babies and childrens, and Cupping therapy, Moxibustion, Tuina, Ear acupuncture and Frequency acupressure stimulation for adults will serve as good as acupuncture to help with your daily ailments.